Update – 23rd Feb: We have a fourth beta now!
After a short break, we have a third beta of the forthcoming v3.0 release of Sonic Visualiser. Downloads here:
- For 64-bit versions of Windows:
- For 32-bit versions of Windows:
- For macOS:
- For Ubuntu 16.04:
- Source code:
Bugs fixed, and other changes made since the second beta
- Sonic Visualiser could hang when trying to initialise a transform that refused the first choice of initialisation parameters
- Error handling for problems in running transforms has been improved in general
- The Colour 3D Plot layer was sometimes pathologically slow to update
- The “Normalise Visible Area” option in the Colour 3D Plot layer wasn’t working
- The visual rendering style of some layers has been improved when viewed on high-resolution screens without pixel doubling
- A new feature has snuck in, under cover of fixing a rendering offset problem in the spectrum layer: it is now possible (although cumbersome) to zoom the spectrum layer in the frequency axis
- The process of overhauling the Help Reference documentation to properly describe the new release has begun
Let us know what else you find!
This may well be the final beta, so if you’re seeing problems with it, please do report them while there’s still time!
Drop me a line, post a comment below this article, or use the SourceForge bug tracker.