Several of the software projects I’ve been working on at the Centre for Digital Music are in need of a new release.
I ran some queries on the SoundSoftware code site, where much of my code lives, to find
- projects I’m a member of that have seen some work (in the form of repository commits) more recently than have seen a file release, and
- projects I’m a member of that haven’t seen a file release at all
These returned 28 and 100 projects respectively.
I feel I’ve been a bit lax.
These of course include things that aren’t releasable yet, never will be, or don’t need to be packaged up into releases for one reason or another, as well as projects I don’t actively participate in or am not responsible for making releases of. I eventually eliminated about half of the first list and 93% of the second one.
These are the ones that remained—things that could usefully be released and which I am generally responsible for releasing. Let’s see how many of these I can tidy up & release during the next few weeks:
Existing stuff that could do with a new release
- Sonic Visualiser (time and pitch unit converter, display options, multiplexer for passing more than one file to a plugin, bug fixes)
- Sonic Annotator batch audio file analyser (read segment boundaries from file, bug fixes)
- Sonic Vector recording-comparison application (first proper release with binaries)
- Tony singing analysis application (user interface enhancements)
- Silvet note transcription (experimental low-latency “live” mode)
- NNLS Chroma and Chordino chord estimator (bug fixes, including a significant memory leak)
- MATCH audio alignment Vamp plugin (many new parameters and other improvements)
- Vamp plugin SDK (improvements to skeleton builds and RDF generator; bug fixes)
- VamPy, a Python extension for writing Vamp plugins (fixes and updates to newer Python versions)
- Vamp plugin tester (better reporting, fix some false positives)
- Vamp test plugin (new tests for use with Python Vamp host)
- EasyMercurial version control UI (Qt5 build)
- Constant-Q transform library and plugin (add chroma class to library, some fixes)
New stuff that hasn’t been released yet
Some of these projects may still be marked private, in which case the links won’t work yet, but they are all planned for release so that should change eventually.
- Vamp build and test, a hosted multi-platform continuous-integration and testing environment for Vamp plugins, open to plugins from other developers
- Python extension and module for hosting Vamp plugins
- Loudness calculation plugin by Carl Bussey using the method of Moore, Glasberg and Baer (needs some testing still)
- Tuning Difference plugin for comparing the pitch of two recordings
- Azi plugin to look at stereo azimuth in studio recordings
- Low-frequency spectrogram plugin
- Feature extraction preprocessor, a LADSPA effect plugin to do various things that may improve (or harm!) subsequent feature extraction